Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Christmas in July - the ugly sweater edition

Christmas is one of my favourite times of year; I love celebrating this special occasion with my family and still get a kick out of giving (and receiving) presents in the wee hours of the morning. 

One thing I love more than the family time is - ugly Christmas sweaters!!

Photobucket

For some reason I'm immensely attracted to kitschy, horrendously ugly, chunky knit sweaters. I have a collection of "mildy-ugly" animal knits but am yet to add an ugly Christmas sweater to my collection.

As Christmas falls during the Summer months in Australia I'm tempted to celebrate a "Christmas in July" so I have an excuse to purchase the ugliest sweater you have ever seen in your life...

Photobucket

Isn't it amazinggg? Man I would wear this with so much pride (...I am seriously not even joking. I ♥ ugly knits!!). I'm pretty certain my fascination is not normal but I'm positive I'm not the only one..right?

If the above sweater takes your fancy check out the awesome site it came from, the Rusty Zipper vintage shop. I must say, I felt like I hit jackpot when I stumbled across this site, the sweaters on offer are absolutely breathtaking (in a vomit inducing sort of way haha!)

Have you ever seen such an amazing collection of ugly Christmas sweaters??

Photobucket

((Note: #5 When did Snow-women get so trendy and start wearing leopard print?? haha!)

Photobucket

2 comments :

  1. Those are epically vile to perfection! I love No. 3. I would totally wear a man-version of that (I don't think the scalloped edge on the neckline would suit me. lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, aren't they FANTASTIC?? Ugly jumpers are my weakness!!

      Delete